Wednesday, August 31, 2011

La Dispute Covers Third Eye Blind


La Dispute recently played a show in their hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan and played a couple of cover songs.  One of them was a cover of Third Eye Blind’s song Graduate.  I was pretty excited to see the video of a band that I listen to so much now covering a song that I’ve listened to since it first came out back in 1997.  I never really expected La Dispute to cover a song like this, but they did a pretty good job I think.  It was a bit shaky at times but they always bring so much energy to the stage that overshadows any minor flaws.  The crowd seemed really into the song and I can’t blame them.  I would be jumping off of that stage with them had I been lucky enough to be at that show.


For those that are unfamiliar with La Dispute:
The band formed in 2004 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  They first released an EP entitled Vancouver in 2006.  That was followed up with a few 7” records until 2008 when they released their first album Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River Between Vega And Altair.  During November/December of 2010, the band toured Canada with Alexisonfire and Norma Jean.  The Michigan group recently recorded a follow up to their 2008 debut and it is set to be released on October 4th, 2011.  Their sophomore album will be called Wildlife.  Here is a track off of the up coming album.

No comments:

Post a Comment